June 30, 2010

100 Books In 2010 Update

I know, I know! I am a bad, bad blogger. But if you were currently job searching like a crazy person, you probably wouldn't be thinking about updating your blog too much either. Though I've TONS of time to read, any time spent on the computer has been devoted to hunting down a job.

BUT I have returned. And since this is the end of June, all of us 100 Books In 2010 Challenge participants are at the half way point in our quest. And although I am not at 50 books, I have a feeling I might be able to complete this challenge!! Call me optimistic. Anyways, here is the list, in order, of what I have got so far:

1. Jen Holling - My Shadow Warrior
2. Rick Riordan - The Sea of Monsters
3. Rick Riordan - The Titan's Curse
4. Rick Riordan - The Battle of the Labyrinth
5. Rick Riordan - The Last Olympian
6. Libba Bray - A Great and Terrible Beauty (reread)
7. Libba Bray - Rebel Angels (reread)
8. Libba Bray - The Sweet Far Thing (reread)
9. Elie Wiesel - Night
10. Georgette Heyer - Sylvester
11. Jean Plaidy - Murder Most Royal
12. Diana Gabaldon - The Fiery Cross
13. Dennis Lehane - Shutter Island
14. Jean Plaidy - The Rose Without a Thorn
15. James Patterson - Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
16. P.C. Cast - Burned
17. Rick Riordan - The Demigod Files
18. Melissa De La Cruz - Blue Bloods
19. Ian McEwan - On Chesil Beach
20. Melissa De La Cruz - Masquerade
21. Melissa De La Cruz - Revelations
22. Jennifer Weiner - Goodnight Nobody
23. Melissa De La Cruz - The Van Alen Legacy
24. Whitney Lyles - Always The Bridesmaid
25. James Patterson - 1st To Die
26. Kristin Hannah - Between Sisters
27. J.K. Rowling - The Tales of Beedle the Bard
28. James Patterson - 2nd Chance
29. Jeanne Kalogridis - The Borgia Bride
30. Laurell K. Hamilton - Guilty Pleasures
31. Sophie Kinsella - Confessions of a Shopaholic
32. Sara Gruen - Water for Elephants
33. Stephenie Meyer - The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
34. James Patterson - 3rd Degree
35. Charlaine Harris - Dead In The Family
36. Nicholas Sparks - A Walk To Remember
37. Richelle Mead - Spirit Bound
38. Stephenie Meyer - Twilight (reread)
39. Stephenie Meyer - New Moon (reread)
40. Stephenie Meyer - Eclipse (reread)

So there you have it! Have suggestions for me to read? Send 'em my way! I'm finishing up Breaking Dawn right now and then am moving on. Happy reading!

3 comments:

Teacher/Learner said...

Hi Holly,

Hope you've had a fun summer reading! I'm interested in reading a few you mentioned. Have you read Atonement by Ian McEwan? It's on my TBR list and I have it "next on my nightstand" (along with about 10 others, LOL!).

I should warn you that James Patterson books can get addictive! I've read nearly all of his Alex Cross & Women's Murder Club series. Both quite eerie in subject matter but a breezy, pop fiction read nonetheless.

Happy reading!

Holly said...

Thanks for your comments! I have read Atonement! I read it during a university course in modern fiction quite some time ago. I thought it was fantastic. Surpasses the movie adaptation by miles.

I am learning that about James Patterson. I've resisted starting the Alex Cross series because I have a feeling it's all I'll read for months... and I need a little variety.

Do you mind if I put a link on my page to yours? I always love finding someone who shares my two favorite things: reading and teaching. :)

Bob Klass said...

Hi, Holly. I see that you read a bunch of the Rick Riordan books. Are any of them more sci-fi than the Percy Jackson ones? I would like to try some of his stuff but I am not so much into the fantasy as I am sci-fi (you know what I like).

Dad

P.S. Good luck with that job search.