June 10, 2008

The Winners... Drum Roll Please

I have finally decided on the books that I will be taking to Cancun with me to read. Mind I have no idea in which order I will read them and I probably will not be able to read them all. And this is assuming that I am able to finish my current read before I leave, which I will work very hard to do in between packing. (My current read, for those who are asking themselves that, is Diana Gabaldon's Lord John and the Private Matter.) But, drum roll please, this is the list of books that are making it into my suitcase:

1) Amanda Grange - Mr. Darcy's Diary
2) Diane Haeger - The Ruby Ring
3) Jen Holling - My Devilish Scotsman
4) Sophie Kinsella - Confessions of a Shopaholic
5) Annie Sanders - Goodbye, Jimmy Choo
6) Lauren Weisberger - Chasing Harry Winston

I am really excited about these six choices. Although from my personal collection I could not have chosen a book that I wouldn't enjoy. Truly, I really want to reread the Harry Potter series because I've only read them all once (I'm ashamed). I am not ashamed at being 22 and wanting to reread those books. I am ashamed that I have only read them once... just so we're clear about that. I decided against them for the trip though because they are so heavy, which won't work with the weight limit that airports give you now-a-days. Regardless, I am very excited to get after this list and see how many I can actually read poolside.

On a non-book related note: I am officially a college graduate. I graduated from The Ohio State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism. It's all very exciting and a bit weird. But mostly exciting. Starting a new chapter of my life.

No comments: