April 1, 2009

That Lusty King Henry

Well, since I have posted the results to the most swoon-worthy male character, I think it is time for a new poll! This time I will focus on one of my favorite male historical figures: King Henry VIII. He has shot back into popularity lately with the Showtime series The Tudors and the romantic Hollywood film The Other Boleyn Girl.



So who portrayed Henry the very best on screen? That is what I want to know. I have my own opinions, but I am curious to see what you historical fiction nuts think! Here are my choices. At the bottom of this post, I have a link where you can watch short clips of each of the nominees playing Henry, in case you haven't seen their portrayal before. Enjoy!

-Eric Bana - The Other Boleyn Girl
-Richard Burton - Anne of a Thousand Days
-Keith Michell - The Six Wives of Henry VIII
-Jonathan Rhys Meyers - The Tudors
-John Stride - William Shakespeare's Henry VIII
-Ray Winstone - Henry VIII

Check out this link to get a look at all of the Henry's in action and don't forget to vote! http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/Depictions+Throughout+History+of+The+Tudors

No comments: