June 10, 2008

The Best Of All Time (so far...)

It dawned on me that I have never actually stated what is my ultimate favorite work of literature. In my list of “Books Read,” there are only a mere 115 listed, because they are the books that I consider “real books.” That is, I have not included every R.L. Stine Fear Street and Goosebumps books I read when I was little. If you’re really interested in all of my 115, I’ll have a link at the bottom of this post to direct you to the wonderful LibraryThing community that I previously posted about. But I’ve deterred… my favorite book I have ever read (up until today: Saturday, May 24, 2008).

Jane Austen\'s \"Pride and Prejudice\"

Pride and Prejudice may seem like an obvious choice. But I don’t care, it’s my choice. I am a self-proclaimed romantic. What on Earth is more romantic than the relationship between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth? The dynamics of that relationship are so realistic that it would make any woman swoon when Darcy finally realizes that all of his contempt for Elizabeth is actually love that he has been unable to express because of his inability to speak socially. Yeah, that was a mouthful… but I cannot get enough of this Regency world that Austen has created. It makes me so badly want to travel to England to visit Pemberly, which is there for Austenites like me.

I think that just publicly declaring my complete preference to this book has helped me with another decision. I will bring Mr. Darcy’s Diary to Cancun with me (if you have no idea why this is relevant, check out the previous post). Alright, well, as promised… I have included the link to my LibraryThing profile, where you can then go to my library. If you like it, join me!

My LibraryThing: http://www.librarything.com/profile/Hollister5320

No comments: