December 2, 2008

Cast Your Vote


No no, this has nothing to do with any sort of political voting. After the 2008 Presidential election, I don't even want to think about that kind of stuff for another four years. Nope, my vote is about the poll that you've probably already seen to the left.

I'm always curious as to who is the most popular of Henry's queens. Research has shown that Henry's subjects loved and adored Catherine of Aragon and Anne of Cleves. But what about now? So much literature is focused on Anne Boleyn. Let's face it, she's an intriguing woman! I personally cannot read enough about her. But is she my personal favorite of Henry's six trials at matrimony? No, I don't think so. I started thinking about that and I would like to see what everyone else thinks!

So do me a favor and cast your vote! After Christmas I will post the results and recommend some good fiction and maybe even some nonfiction about the winning queen.

Meanwhile, I am in the midst of my finals for my teaching program and have been ridiculously busy. I am still working on my Hilda Lewis novel, I Am Mary Tudor. I'm about 2/3 done with it, and I really do enjoy it. I'll post a review once I finish.

P.S. For those of you who are looking for the Historical Queen quiz, here is the link:

www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the-which-historical-queen-are-you-test

1 comment:

Passages to the Past said...

I tagged you for an award!

http://passagestothepast.blogspot.com/2008/12/bookworm-award.html